The Committee Chair responsibilities are:
- Organize the committee to see that all functions are delegated, coordinated, and completed.
- Maintain a close relationship with the Chartered Organization Representative and the Scoutmaster.
- See that troop leaders and committee members have training opportunities.
- Interpret National and Local Council policies to the troop.
- Does not have a vote on the committee, except as a tie breaker.
- Routine business matters are the discretion of the Chairman.
The current Committee Chair is Bill Root.